SlideRocket Makes Presentations Social; Unveils New Plug-In Architecture
San Francisco, CA - February 17, 2010 - SlideRocket has reinvented presentations and today announces a new plug-in architecture and the addition of interactive and real-time features to its award-winning online presentation platform. With SlideRocket's new social presentation features, presenters can directly engage their audience, turning presentations into a conversation. The first plug-ins available include live polling from PollEverywhere, live Twitter streams and dynamic stock quotes from Yahoo! Finance. SlideRocket's unique cloud-based architecture provides the ability to dynamically control content within a presentation and makes these plug-in features possible.
SlideRocket changes the way people think about presentations. Until SlideRocket, presentations have been limited to flat, static slides built with antiquated technology, just like a printed brochure. With SlideRocket's cloud-based service, companies can easily create, manage, share, and measure stunning presentations both within and beyond the walls of their business.
SlideRocket’s new plug-ins are currently being rolled out to subscribers and will be available to all SlideRocket users by mid-March 2010.
- The new SlideRocket social features include:
- Interactive polling: PollEverywhere, Inc., the text message polling and audience response system, developed a plug-in that adds live polling capabilities to SlideRocket. Adding a live poll to a presentation is as simple as selecting the desired poll template. Now, users can create interactive presentations by asking the audience questions and including the responses in real-time within a slide. With interactive polling, presentations evolve from one-way lectures to a conversation with the audience.
- Live Twitter streams: SlideRocket has embedded the Twitter API into a slide template to bring backchannel discussions to the stage. Now, presenters can easily validate their messages and make them authentic by including the realtime voice of the community directly in a presentation.
- Live stock ticker and other RSS Feeds: Companies can now maintain brand integrity when emailing presentation links to outside parties. The new custom emails look as if they are coming from inside the company and add another layer of brand control for enterprises.
Using SlideRocket's new Plugins are easy and can turn anyone into a presentation expert. Users simply select their desired plug-in, type the desired search or poll term and they are done.
SlideRocket and key partners will continue to add new plug-ins for dynamic, interactive content to future releases of the product.
"With the opening of our plug-in architecture and the release of these social features, SlideRocket takes another step forward and away from the static presentations of the past," said Chuck Dietrich, CEO, SlideRocket. "Because SlideRocket is web based, we continue to evolve at a much faster pace then packaged software applications and as the official presentation partner of SXSW Interactive we are excited to have all these capabilities available for presenters at this year's festival."
"SlideRocket’s new social features give you new ways to connect with audiences in completely new and more interactive ways -- it literally brings presentations to life." said Cliff Atkinson, author of The Backchannel: How Audiences are using Twitter and Social Media and Changing Presentations Forever.
"We're really happy to integrate the best looking live polls on the web with the best looking presentation platform on the web. Combined, we have the most powerful way to collect live feedback on new ideas while keeping them relevant, interesting, and entertaining to audiences in the same room or around the world. The future of presentation software and audience response systems is here today with SlideRocket and Poll Everywhere," said Brad Gessler, founder, PollEverywhere.
- Presentation: SlideRocket's new social features
- Screenshots: SlideRocket's new social features
- SlideRocket the Official Presentation Provider of SxSW Interactive
- SlideRocket's home page
- Sign up for a free, no risk, no credit card required, SlideRocket trial account
SlideRocket reinvents presentations by bringing big ideas to life, engaging audiences and driving business. The platform promotes influential story telling through interactive capabilities like audio, rich media and instant feedback that elevate meetings, regardless of time or location. In addition, the measurement analytics provide dynamic sales tools and unmatched customer insight. With SlideRocket you can quickly and easily create and deliver stunning presentations with quantifiable results. For more information, please visit www.sliderocket.com.
VMware delivers virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable IT organizations to energize businesses of all sizes. With the industry leading virtualization platform – VMware vSphere® – customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, improve agility, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. With 2010 revenues of $2.9 billion, more than 250,000 customers and 25,000 partners, VMware is the leader in virtualization, which consistently ranks as a top priority among CIOs. VMware is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmware.com.
Borders + Gratehouse for SlideRocket