SlideRocket Challenges Nonprofits To ‘Make An Impact’ For A Chance To Win $30,000 in Donations
Top five presentations, as selected by a panel of nonprofit and technology all stars, earn a slice of the $30,000 prize
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – Feb. 8, 2012 – SlideRocket by VMware, today announced the panel of nonprofit and technology industry all-stars who will select the winners of the 2012 SlideRocket “Make an Impact” Nonprofit Presentation Contest.
The contest provides an opportunity for deserving nonprofits whose presentations receive the most views and are judged by the panel to have the best story, composition and impact to split $30,000 in donations.
This year’s distinguished panel of judges includes:
- Roger Doiron, founder and director of Kitchen Gardeners International, a non-profit community of over 20,000 people from 100 countries who are growing some of their own food and helping others to do the same, and the nonprofit behind the successful campaign for a kitchen garden at the White House.
- Beth Kanter, nationally recognized nonprofit blogger and co-author of Networked Nonprofit with more than 30 years experience in the nonprofit sector
- Diane Solinger, executive director of the EF, a US based nonprofit organization dedicated to encouraging, empowering and enhancing corporate social responsibility by making it easy for companies to design and implement their corporate philanthropy, community involvement and community investment programs
- Marnie Webb, co-CEO of TechSoup, a nonprofit with a clear focus: providing other nonprofits and libraries with technology that empowers them to fulfill their missions and serve their communities
- Chuck Dietrich, vice president and general manager, SlideRocket by VMware
Cloud-era and Social Media Technologies
Expand Reach of Nonprofits New cloud-era and social media technologies, including SlideRocket, Twitter, Facebook and others, provide greater opportunities for nonprofit organizations to reach like-minded people, fundraise, and, ultimately, make a difference.
“Charitable organizations are facing stiff competition in garnering attention in 2012,” said Diane Solinger. “The SlideRocket “Make an Impact” Nonprofit Presentation Contest and campaign, can help nonprofits rise above the noise to raise awareness and attract donations by tapping into new communication tools and social promotion channels.”
For example, contest judge, Roger Doiron’s SlideRocket social presentation on kitchen gardens garnered national recognition and support for Kitchen Gardeners International’s mission to empower individuals, families, and communities to achieve greater levels of food self-reliance. As a result of their efforts across diverse social media platforms, Doiron and his organization achieved one of its goals – a White House food garden in the U.S. capital.
Nonprofit organizations can get started with SlideRocket today by visiting the SlideRocket Inspiration Gallery, which is filled with presentations that can quickly and easily amplify their story and make an impact.
Additional details on how to enter the 2012 SlideRocket “Make an Impact” Nonprofit Presentation Contest can be found at http://info.sliderocket.com/2012-nonprofit-presentation-contest.html.
SlideRocket by VMware (NYSE: VMW) reinvents presentations by bringing big ideas to life, engaging audiences and driving business. The platform promotes influential story telling through interactive capabilities like audio, rich media and instant feedback that elevate meetings, regardless of time or location. In addition, the measurement analytics provide dynamic sales tools and unmatched customer insight. With SlideRocket you can quickly and easily create and deliver stunning presentations with quantifiable results. For more information, please visit http://www.sliderocket.com.