“What If I Don’t Have An Internet Connection?”

By Nat Robinson on July 16, 2007

We don’t want to sacrifice features just because SlideRocket runs in a browser. In fact, we want to provide a better presentation experience than both Microsoft PowerPoint and Apple Keynote currently offer. Therefore, we decided at the beginning of this project (March 1, 2006 more or less) that SlideRocket would run offline as well as online.

That means that you can deliver SlideRocket presentations even when you don’t have an Internet connection. It also means that you can author SlideRocket presentations offline. The functionality is similar to Microsoft Outlook, where you can work offline and everything you do synchronizes as soon as you re-connect to the network. We feel that this is crucial to presentations, since you never know where you’re going to be presenting. Or working, for that matter.

So you get the best of all worlds:

1. SlideRocket runs in a browser so you can access it from anywhere
  2. You get all the features of a traditional desktop application
  3. It’s built from the ground up with collaboration, multimedia handling, and version control in mind
  4. It will let you work even when you can’t connect to the network

- mike

1. Kimberly Buckland

January 18, 2016 @ 8:58 am

Just desire to say your article is as amazing. The clarity for your submit is just spectacular and that i could assume you’re an expert on this subject.

2. Boris Murray

March 21, 2016 @ 7:29 pm

Here are some hyperlinks to sites that we link to since we think they are really worth visiting.

3. Faith Lambert

March 24, 2016 @ 4:52 am

fantastic issues altogether, you simply received a brand new reader. What might you recommend about your put up that you made a few days in the past? Any positive?

4. Julia Mills

March 25, 2016 @ 3:18 pm

Thanks for a very interesting website. Where else could I get that type of info written in such a perfect method? I have a undertaking that I am just now operating on, and I have been on the look out for such info.

5. Karen Anderson

March 25, 2016 @ 3:19 pm

I needed to compose you a little bit of note to be able to say thank you yet again relating to the splendid solutions you have contributed here. It was really incredibly open-handed of you to present publicly precisely what a few people would have distributed as an ebook to earn some profit for themselves, particularly now that you might have tried it if you ever desired. These inspiring ideas as well served to become easy way to realize that someone else have a similar fervor like my own to know way more around this issue. Certainly there are several more enjoyable instances in the future for folks who discover your blog post.

6. Phil Carr

March 26, 2016 @ 4:18 pm

I have been checking out a few of your posts and i must say clever stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your blog.

7. Nicholas Morrison

March 28, 2016 @ 6:22 pm

I delight in, result in I found just what I was taking a look for. You’ve ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

8. James Buckland

March 30, 2016 @ 8:09 pm

Although I do not agree on all your points, this is a well written post. Well written, and informative.

9. Owen Gill

April 2, 2016 @ 1:58 pm

hello!,I like your writing very a lot! share we keep up a correspondence more about your article on AOL? I require a specialist on this space to solve my problem. May be that is you! Looking ahead to see you.

10. Joan White

April 3, 2016 @ 6:52 pm

I do agree with all of the concepts you’ve presented in your post. They are very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for novices. May you please extend them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

11. John McLean

April 3, 2016 @ 6:52 pm

There should be a very low tolerance for suspicious behavior.