Look, No Webex!

By Nat Robinson on August 16, 2007

First, thank you to for including us in their online presentation tools round-up. We’re getting some great attention and we haven’t even launched yet!

Next, let’s talk about remote meetings. I present over the Web all the time, and up to this point I’ve been using WebEx. It works, but it can take a long time to load (“Less than one minute remaining,” anyone?) and it doesn’t handle multimedia very well. I usually end up stripping all of the videos, transitions, and animations out of my presentations because they don’t play well at all on my audience’s computers.

From day one we wanted SlideRocket to solve this issue, so we built in our own remote meeting functionality.

Remote Meeting Manager
SlideRocket lets me invite multiple attendees to view my presentation while I control it. There isn’t any client application or Java installation, instead SlideRocket works right from each audience member’s browser. Presentations load quickly and have full support for animations, transitions, videos, and even audio on each attendee’s computer.

As someone who hosts a lot of meetings, it’s a pleasure to present a rich media presentation online and know that everyone is having the same cinematic experience that I am.

- mike

1. Jason Buberel

August 18, 2007 @ 12:17 pm

Will SlideRocket allow the user to record an audio narration that is played back during the show? In other words, can SR be used to create ‘self running’ presentations?

2. Jay Asafi

August 18, 2007 @ 2:41 pm

I would love to see your platform allow applications to be controlled by voice commands, so it can be accessed and controlled via the Ultimate Mobile Device platform. See for more information.

3. Mitch

August 18, 2007 @ 11:30 pm

Yes, currently you can upload mp3s to play during slides and auto-advance on a timer or when the audio finishes. A later release will add integrated audio recording.

4. Dan Keldsen

September 14, 2007 @ 12:56 pm

As it stands, SlideRocket just from a “present on your own computer with killer effects” looks pretty darn nice. As someone who is a Keynote user, and who hates to strip out the fantastic photos and videos I’ve found to tell my tell, I am REALLY looking forward to using your services for remote presentation.

Zip in the narrated component/audio recording, and you’ve nearly got the whole ball of whacks (for those in the know).

5. Sue Walsh

March 21, 2016 @ 7:48 pm

of course we will need to know our family history in order that we can share it to our kids’

6. Victor Morrison

March 24, 2016 @ 5:06 am

Only wanna admit that this is handy , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

7. Benjamin Paterson

March 25, 2016 @ 3:33 pm

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and may come back from now on. I want to encourage that you continue your great job, have a nice weekend!

8. Lauren Abraham

March 28, 2016 @ 6:36 pm

Just desire to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply great and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.

9. Sean Robertson

March 28, 2016 @ 6:42 pm

It’s an amazing post for all the internet visitors; they will get benefit from it I am sure.

10. Andrew Ince

March 30, 2016 @ 8:12 pm

The main gain to jailbreaking an i Phone five is the ability to turn it right into a Wi-Fi hotspot. Analysts and pundits were off the mark with that prediction, as instead Apple chose to release the i Phone 5C as a replacement for the i Phone 5, which in the past the company would have continued to sell at a $99 price point on contract. Beginning today Apple has begun accepting orders for unlocked GSM versions of the i Phone 5S via the firm’s online store.

11. Colin Martin

April 2, 2016 @ 2:13 pm

Wonderful goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just extremely wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it smart. I cant wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous site.