Have you received an invite to the private beta, logged in, and wanted to make something cool right away? Here’s an example of a slide with effects and build animations applied to the text:
(Click here if you aren’t seeing the embedded presentation in your RSS reader)
How was it done? Let’s take a quick look at how to get “Introducing SlideRocket” to animate onto the screen with that slight overshoot.
1. Place a text box onto your slide and make sure that it is selected (we are using the Blank layout here).
2. Click the Builds tab in the properties panel.
3. Apply a Fly In build to your text.
Press the Preview Animations button (at the top, right next to the Play SlideShow button). Neat, but not quite magic yet.
4. Make sure your text box is still selected and press the “More Options” button.
5. Choose Overshoot from the Easing menu.
Now press the Preview Animations button again. There’s the magic!
On the sample slide embedded above we’ve used the flower picture that comes with your account for the background. The white semi-transparent box under the text is done with a white rectangle shape with its opacity set to 25% (in the Styles property panel). Each of our text boxes has a drop shadow effect and builds applied.
Have you created anything cool? Leave a comment with a link here.