Today is a very exciting day in the life of our young company. We are super excited to announce that we recently closed a second round of Venture Capital financing, which is being led by Azure Capital Partners. They are joining our already fantastic investors, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, and we are just thrilled to have them on board. Ray Carey will be joining Mitchell Kertzman on our Board of Directors, and we look forward to their combined wisdom as we move forward.
We are very excited to apply this new round of financing to help us grow our business and realize our vision of transforming the way the world thinks about presentations. Truly, this would not have been possible without all of you, so thank you all very much for all your excitement and feedback – we really, really appreciate it. Please keep it coming! We have lots of cool ideas for upcoming features and enhancements, and we’d love to add yours to the mix.
But, that’s not all the news of the day. At the same time, we have also added a very important member to our team. Chuck Dietrich, who was formerly a General Manager & Vice President at salesforce.com, has joined SlideRocket as CEO. Mitch Grasso, our fearless Co-Founder and rockstar product visionary, will be assuming the role of CTO. We are all thrilled to have Chuck on board; his nine years at salesforce.com have given him deep industry experience that will help us take SlideRocket to the next level. Plus, he’s a pretty awesome guy to hang out with. You all should come visit us sometime, and play with the SlideRocket crew! We’d love to have you. (Just let us know first…)
Like I said, it’s a big day for us! Pretty exciting news, eh? If you’d like to read more details about it all, please feel free to read the full press release. And, as always, to stay on top of all the latest from SideRocket, please follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, and YouTube.
Our most recent release included some fun new features and a bunch of bug fixes. Here are the details:
- You can now export any asset – images, video, flash files, audio, etc. – out of SlideRocket onto your desktop. Wahoo!
- Clicking the “login” button from SlideRocket now does 2 fun things
- Opens up SlideRocket in a new window (please check your pop-up settings if you are having any trouble)
- Checks your Flash version, and alerts you to download Flash 10 if you haven’t already (which, by the way – you should do right now if you don’t have it! We’ll wait here…)
- Sub-folders can now be moved to the main area by dragging them to the top of the folders section
- Lots of database enhancements that you can’t see, but you benefit from
And here are some of the bug fixes from our last release:
- Keyboard shortcuts are now disabled in the full-screen email dialog
- Some people were seeing changes to an original slide after changes were made to a duplicate – this is now fixed
- The Slide Library Recycle Bin now loads as soon as the Slide Library is loaded
- Some folks were seeing errors when clicking very quickly through a presentation that had a bunch of text builds and effects. This has been fixed
- You are now always prompted to save your work when clicking on the SlideRocket logo from within the editor – no matter how recent your last save was
- You can now delete as many table rows at the same time as you want
- Everything is now dynamically appearing in shared folders
- Some users were still seeing the “Add Slide to Library” button after a slide has already been added. No more!
- Some users reported seeing “phantom” thumbnails when scrolling through the presentation library. This is now fixed
- When a presentation is selected, you now get fun tool tips for the various options
As always, we really value your feedback. If you are seeing any issues, please let our support team know, and please suggest and vote for new features you’d like to see!