Congratulations to the SXSW Accelerator Winners!

By May Allen on March 16, 2011

SlideRocket’s here at SXSW powering the Accelerator program – where news-related, social media, social networking, entertainment, music, and innovative web technology startups showcase their products for the chance to win big. This year, over 400 startups applied for the Accelerator competition, and 32 were accepted, and 12 moved to the final round.

Over the course of the last few days, each of the finalists pitched their web-based products using SlideRocket, and we’re pretty fired up about the final presentations. Here’s a roundup of the finalists and winners:

News Related Tech:

Participatory Politics Foundation

Document Cloud

Storify – WINNER!

Social Media & Social Networking:

Compass Labs

Popvox – WINNER!

Innovative Web Tech:

Hipmunk – WINNER!

Entertainment Tech:

Tango – WINNER!

Root Music

Next Big Sound

Roqbot - WINNER!

I love the shout outs and support these competing companies gave to eachother. Here are a few from tweets that embody the spirit of the competition:

A big congratulations to all of these  young companies. Looking forward to many more pitches, presentations, and great stories to come!

1. Pingback by Top Trends of SXSW 2011

March 23, 2011 @ 5:09 am

[...] There are of course other great companies from Accelerator that you might want to read more about. See the Sliderocket Blog for all contestants. [...]

2. Global Maritime Bureau

September 16, 2014 @ 5:06 pm

I leave a comment whenever I especially enjoy a post on a website or if I have something to contribute to
    the discussion. It’s triggered by the fire displayed in the article I read.
    And after this post Congratulations to the
    SXSW Accelerator Winners!. I was moved enough to drop a comment
    :-) I do have a few questions for you if it’s
    okay. Is it just me or does it appear like some of these remarks appear as if they are coming from brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are posting at additional online sites, I’d like to keep up
    with you. Could you make a list every one of your community sites
    like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

my web blog … Global Maritime Bureau

3. Patrice

January 28, 2015 @ 9:39 am

Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel this amazing site needs far more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the advice!

webpage (Patrice)

4. download witcher 3 steam free

February 11, 2015 @ 10:15 pm

The great news brought by its developer on download witcher 3 9th February 2014.

Spending most precious time of this trendy mobile application stores and
    on the server is now not only meant for entertainment
    reasons. It is a terrific way in which you will notice that you can not tell EA to be patient if you feel
    rejuvenated from boredom. It helps children to learn while you are
    trying to develop.

February 12, 2015 @ 4:56 pm

Pimms is Cap Jaluca’s award winning restaurant and holds its weight in ambiance and outstanding cuisine amongst the finest in the Caribbean. A good majority move down from the cold up
    north to our beautiful, white sandy beaches.
    A form of the herb licorice, called deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), was explored for canker
    sores in a small study.

February 24, 2015 @ 5:00 pm

Strona świadczy o nietypowych wydarzeniach, zapraszam do rozmowy test obciążeń kraków cena [] obciążenia glukozą, test obciążenia
    glukozą 50g cena, test obciążenia glukozą 75

February 25, 2015 @ 11:10 pm

This procedure involves the burning of the top layer of
    skin to promote new collagen production. To take hold of this gentle wisdom and to remember that if I let go and be held by Mother
    Nature’s ebb and flow that I too will be brought back to pools of stillness.

Here, the Caves hotel multiplies your joy with amazing views.

8. tarotistas especialistas en el amor

February 26, 2015 @ 5:20 pm

Undeniably consider that that you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be at the web the simplest thing to take note of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as folks think about concerns that they plainly don’t know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as outlined
    out the entire thing with no need side effect , other folks can take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

9. Tarotista Experto

February 26, 2015 @ 5:38 pm

Hey! Would yyou min if I share your blog with my zynga
    group? There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your
    content. Please let mme know. Thanks

10. psiquico buena y economica

February 26, 2015 @ 6:07 pm

I do not even know how I ended up right here, however
    I assumed this submit was once good. I do not realize who you’re however definitely you’re going to a famous blogger for those who are not already.

11. still make

February 27, 2015 @ 3:53 am

Hi, I desire to subscribe for this webpage to take
    latest updates, so where can i do it please assist.

12. yahoo health and fitness articles

March 1, 2015 @ 1:20 am

It enhances the immune system, helps detoxify
    the body, lessens digestive upset, lessens ear and throat inflammation, ( caused
    by the flu ). ” it is important to seek the evidence of happiness that exists inside yourself, and the ability to effectively manage and nurture your well-being. Many doctors and researchers are starting to realize that stress is a far bigger factor than previously imagined.

13. lazada philippines facebook

March 2, 2015 @ 4:28 am

On the contrary, it is rather quick, convenient and easy.
    However, for the most part, she is by the very nature of the
    society that she lives in forced to conform to at least some
    sort of stereo-typical gender expectation. What may be most surprising of all is that desktops and laptops are not dead, and are in fact responsible for more sales than smartphones.

14. clash of kings cheat

March 5, 2015 @ 12:48 pm

The Holy Prophet asked Hazrat Bilal to sell the grain and to distribute the cassh received from thhe sale.
    In the second installment too thhe Song oof Ice and Fire series by George R.
    Muhammad was the only man in history who was supremely successful on both
    the religious and secular levels.

15. India

March 19, 2015 @ 6:32 pm

Bajo mi punto de vista, ess legítimo abonar por tener una asisencia médica garantizada, si bien lo haría escalable y no una cuota fija.

16. Eva

July 18, 2015 @ 9:59 am

より:I know that 80% of men and women who work on computers fsniih up with back pain or sciatica just like I did. It is NOT entertaining. I do not know if you’ve ever knowledgeable it, but considering the fact that you have a internet site with lots of content I can assume that you devote at least a couple of hours each and every day on the computer. I hope you aren’t currently suffering with back pain or sciatica, in which case I recommend you commence positioning your workspace much more ergonomically and study about back health and security to prevent injuries! There aren’t numerous that function without resorting to dangerours surgeries like the one I was about to have in September! So I have justbeen trying to remind people today lately when I locate a cool website with a person who has certainly been operating very challenging, that they should really normally attempt to recall to sit with fantastic posture at the pc!! Sorry for the unrelated comment but I think it is an essential issue to remind individuals about. Cheers!!

17. tarot especialista amor

August 1, 2015 @ 5:17 pm

Hi friends, pleasant piece of writing and goood urging commented here, I am
    truly enjoying by these.

18. Horoscopo Chino

August 7, 2015 @ 4:30 am

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed reading it, you could be a great author.

I will make certain to bookmark your blog and may come back sometime soon. I want to enciurage you
    to definitely continue your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!

19. Claudio

August 8, 2015 @ 5:45 am

Remarkable! Its truly remarkable piece of writing, I have got much cloear idea on the topic of from this article.

20. Hechizo para la abundancia

August 12, 2015 @ 2:07 am

Appreciate the recommendation. Will tryy it out.

21. vidente

August 17, 2015 @ 1:09 am

May I just say what a comfort to uncover a person that
    truly understands what they are discussing on the
    net. You actually understand how to bring an issue to light and mawke it important.
    More people really need too read this and understand this side of the story.
    I can’t believe you aren’t more popular since you surely have the gift.

22. vidente natural de verdad

August 20, 2015 @ 10:45 pm

I used to be able to find goid advice frrom your blog articles.