Congratulations to the SXSW Accelerator Winners!

By May Allen on March 16, 2011

SlideRocket’s here at SXSW powering the Accelerator program – where news-related, social media, social networking, entertainment, music, and innovative web technology startups showcase their products for the chance to win big. This year, over 400 startups applied for the Accelerator competition, and 32 were accepted, and 12 moved to the final round.

Over the course of the last few days, each of the finalists pitched their web-based products using SlideRocket, and we’re pretty fired up about the final presentations. Here’s a roundup of the finalists and winners:

News Related Tech:

Participatory Politics Foundation

Document Cloud

Storify – WINNER!

Social Media & Social Networking:

Compass Labs

Popvox – WINNER!

NeighborGoods – WINNER! (BEST BOOTSTRAP)

Innovative Web Tech:

Kabbage

GazeHawk

Hipmunk – WINNER!

Entertainment Tech:

Portalarium

Viki

Tango – WINNER!

Music:

Root Music

Next Big Sound

Roqbot - WINNER!

I love the shout outs and support these competing companies gave to eachother. Here are a few from tweets that embody the spirit of the competition:

A big congratulations to all of these  young companies. Looking forward to many more pitches, presentations, and great stories to come!

1. Pingback by Top Trends of SXSW 2011

March 23, 2011 @ 5:09 am

[...] There are of course other great companies from Accelerator that you might want to read more about. See the Sliderocket Blog for all contestants. [...]

2. Global Maritime Bureau

September 16, 2014 @ 5:06 pm

I leave a comment whenever I especially enjoy a post on a website or if I have something to contribute to
    the discussion. It’s triggered by the fire displayed in the article I read.
    And after this post Congratulations to the
    SXSW Accelerator Winners!. I was moved enough to drop a comment
    :-) I do have a few questions for you if it’s
    okay. Is it just me or does it appear like some of these remarks appear as if they are coming from brain dead visitors?
    :-P And, if you are posting at additional online sites, I’d like to keep up
    with you. Could you make a list every one of your community sites
    like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

my web blog … Global Maritime Bureau

3. Patrice

January 28, 2015 @ 9:39 am

Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel this amazing site needs far more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the advice!

webpage (Patrice)

4. download witcher 3 steam free

February 11, 2015 @ 10:15 pm

The great news brought by its developer on download witcher 3 9th February 2014.

Spending most precious time of this trendy mobile application stores and
    on the server is now not only meant for entertainment
    reasons. It is a terrific way in which you will notice that you can not tell EA to be patient if you feel
    rejuvenated from boredom. It helps children to learn while you are
    trying to develop.

5. http://0l.ro

February 12, 2015 @ 4:56 pm

Pimms is Cap Jaluca’s award winning restaurant and holds its weight in ambiance and outstanding cuisine amongst the finest in the Caribbean. A good majority move down from the cold up
    north to our beautiful, white sandy beaches.
    A form of the herb licorice, called deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), was explored for canker
    sores in a small study.

6. testobciazen.evenweb.com

February 24, 2015 @ 5:00 pm

Strona świadczy o nietypowych wydarzeniach, zapraszam do rozmowy test obciążeń kraków cena [testobciazen.evenweb.com] obciążenia glukozą, test obciążenia
    glukozą 50g cena, test obciążenia glukozą 75

7. http://www.agsmart.tv

February 25, 2015 @ 11:10 pm

This procedure involves the burning of the top layer of
    skin to promote new collagen production. To take hold of this gentle wisdom and to remember that if I let go and be held by Mother
    Nature’s ebb and flow that I too will be brought back to pools of stillness.

Here, the Caves hotel multiplies your joy with amazing views.

8. tarotistas especialistas en el amor

February 26, 2015 @ 5:20 pm

Undeniably consider that that you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be at the web the simplest thing to take note of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked at the same time as folks think about concerns that they plainly don’t know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the highest as smartly as outlined
    out the entire thing with no need side effect , other folks can take a signal.
    Will likely be back to get more. Thank you

9. Tarotista Experto

February 26, 2015 @ 5:38 pm

Hey! Would yyou min if I share your blog with my zynga
    group? There’s a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your
    content. Please let mme know. Thanks

10. psiquico buena y economica

February 26, 2015 @ 6:07 pm

I do not even know how I ended up right here, however
    I assumed this submit was once good. I do not realize who you’re however definitely you’re going to a famous blogger for those who are not already.

Cheers!

11. still make

February 27, 2015 @ 3:53 am

Hi, I desire to subscribe for this webpage to take
    latest updates, so where can i do it please assist.