Customer Service Presentation – OMG! My customer’s pissed and uses Twitter

By John Rode on March 28, 2011

I think we’ve all been there when a customer turns to Twitter to air their displeasure with your product or service. I know I’ve done it. Rob La Gesse, Rackspace’s Chief Disruption Officer welcomes it. He’s unafraid and has stated on many occasions his customer service strategy.

Actually, I’m not sure it counts as a strategy because his approach is just so human. He communicates with customers in a clear and simple way what went wrong, apologies, and listens to the customer to understand how to make it right.

SXSW Customer Service Presentation

Which brings us to Rob’s customer service presentation from SXSW. His message is uncomplicated and his slide design is clean. I’ve watched the presentation twice and read through much of Rob’s recent Tweets. His philosophy is at first surprising and novel, but on the second go around it all seems so natural that it feels disingenuous to not adopt it as well.

Here are the slides from Rob’s presentation on customer service. And here is a link to the recording of the SXSW presentation as found on his blog. It doesn’t take long to understand Rob. But here are three of his recent Tweets that encapsulate his approach to helping customers:

Do you have fantastic customer service presentation slides you’d like to share? Just drop your presentation link in the comments and we’ll check it out.

1. Slide Buddy

March 30, 2011 @ 8:06 pm

That’s a pretty good disposition to have, I wish I had his calm sense of self. I always squirm and get lost when I’m being questioned, it doesn’t always turn for the best.

2. John Rode

March 30, 2011 @ 10:12 pm

There is nothing easy about customer service. I bet even for Rob there are times when he needs to walk around the block to shake off a rough call.

3. Milo

February 12, 2015 @ 2:10 pm

This procedure involves the burning of the top layer of
    skin to promote new collagen production. 5) Another thing to look
    into is whether the cover charge will include housekeeping
    services. As its name implies, the boat itself, created by an act of Congress in 1916, is the country’s only
    full-fledged floating post office with the power to cancel mail.

4. Ina

February 13, 2015 @ 10:28 pm

Just the other day, I went home for lunch to take my dog out for a little
    walk, and I met a very nice man who was driving around checking out the area
    where I live. Compared to most other masticating juicers on the
    market today, this machine has superb looks. There are a
    total of nine unique habitats where you may discover many different
    types of wildlife animals and over one hundred species of birds that you may enjoy seeing while on your Florida vacation.

5. the best juicer machine

February 15, 2015 @ 4:44 am

feel your enthusiasm to be a part of their workforce.
    Outside cleaners have to do a good job, or they don’t get invited
    back. Just like having dolphin velour beach towel which is eye-catching to
    one and all due to the uniqueness it brings.

6. miami it support

February 23, 2015 @ 4:40 am

In this way maintenance of a smoothly running PC will become more easy.

However if like many computer users, you are uncomfortable with DIY, then remote is not for you.
    Big companies like this are not computer professionals, they are simply technology
    stores who hire thrid parties to deal with highly technical issues.

7. hamilton beach 67608 big mouth juicer

February 23, 2015 @ 8:38 pm

Ensure that your resume makes it easy for the readers to identify your capabilities and feel your enthusiasm
    to be a part of their workforce. When choosing furniture, you’ll be deciding on many different types of chairs to put into your home.
    A form of the herb licorice, called deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), was explored for canker
    sores in a small study.

8. hurom juicer parts

February 24, 2015 @ 3:51 pm

Just the other day, I went home for lunch to take my
    dog out for a little walk, and I met a very
    nice man who was driving around checking out the area where I live.
    The temple shines with infinite reflections from hundreds of crystallized glass pieces.
    The number of expected wedding guests must also be kept in mind including the
    proportion between relatives and friends.

9. juice lady juicer

February 27, 2015 @ 12:44 am

Just the other day, I went home for lunch to
    take my dog out for a little walk, and I
    met a very nice man who was driving around checking out the area where I live.
    Compared to most other masticating juicers on the market today, this machine has superb looks.
    If you own a centrifugal juicer and are annoyed
    by the foaming and the clogging switch to a masticating juicer.

10. WordPress website setup

February 28, 2015 @ 11:50 am

Currently blogs are one of the most commonly used Internet
    marketing tools, the reason is they are very effective way to get your content indexed by the search engines.
    Some times there are several lines of code that need to be
    altered in order to make the one change. They are so much easier to establish and it takes no time at
    all to learn how to set up a blog.

11. jailbreak apple tv 3 plex

March 10, 2015 @ 6:50 am

According to Distimo data, China has become the App – Store the
    second largest market, but App – Store not even provide
    enough support for Chinese users, such support might include
    language, access speed, and Payment. In fact, in general, natural cures
    and herbal remedies are much more apt to be supportive of your body than man-made chemical
    products are. Color adjustment options can also be very helpful
    especially when you are playing a video,
    having noise, glitches and lacks normal color pattern.