Slide Design Friday – a Quick Tip on Venn Diagrams

By John Rode on April 27, 2012

Welcome to Slide Design Friday! In this weekly post we’ll tear apart awful presentations and mock the people who designed them. Nawww! This is really a friendly place where we’ll take a look at good SlideRocket presentations that come across the Twitter stream and provide simple, quick fix tips that may help the slide author better deliver their message, and just generally be more awesome for their audience.

Using Venn Diagrams in your slide design

This slide was created by the folks at Handling Specialty in Grimsby, Ontario, Canada. They excel at providing custom solutions for complex lifting, tilting, rotating and traversing challenges. Think of things like engineering movie special effects, lifting military plane parts, changing the wheels on a locomotive, etc., and you get the idea.

They have created an excellent slide deck with dramatic images of the impressive projects they have completed, set against a black background that makes the images “pop”. And I think this particular slide (below) offers them an opportunity to inject even more “awesomeness” into their presentation. It’s certainly a critical slide that can bring together Handling Specialty’s impressive, interrelated roster of capabilities. But perhaps the Venn Diagram on this slide is a little complex.

They may want to consider simplifying the Venn Diagram to showcase just three of their main capabilities (perhaps Concurrent Engineering, Heavy Material Handling, and Project Management). Then underpin the simpler diagram with their other two (more foundational) capabilities of Custom Turnkey Systems and Partnership Attitude.

Also, perhaps give “Core Competencies” more punch with a larger, more colorful font so that it stands out relative to the colors in the Venn. That way the viewers eyes will read the title, then the Venn, and then the supporting capabilities.

I know, it’s much easier to be a critic than a creator, so hats off to Specialty Handling for a job well done and an impressive business. Their presentation casts their business in a great light and I’m sure it will serve them well. And additional thoughts from you all (the reader) are certainly welcome in the Comments section below.

1. rolex replica

October 9, 2013 @ 12:05 am

I am glad to catch idea from your article. It has information I have been searching for a long time.

2. 2013 handbags

October 9, 2013 @ 12:59 am

I put a link to my site to here so other people can read it. My readers have about the same happy.

3. mikey

June 27, 2014 @ 12:16 am

4. usa lincoln casino

October 1, 2014 @ 10:10 am

Thanks for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do a little research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I am very glad to see such wonderful information being shared freely out there.

5. bayareafind

November 3, 2014 @ 10:41 pm

And that is certainly most definitely saddening when all of that one will be able to collect will be your partner’s watch, Together with the supplying of one’s watch could be various and just as modern when the watch. That watch might be sold and various other exceptional ticket heuer watch in Haslinger series.

6. Accredited High School Online

January 6, 2015 @ 4:11 am

Nice work you have shared here Thanks a lot.

7. the learning lab

March 13, 2015 @ 4:24 am

The learning lab is providing the best Maths and English tutor in Sydney and if you are looking for maths tutor for your child contact us now!

8. study abroad free

March 25, 2015 @ 9:21 am

We’ve particularly appreciated looking at your blog threads. Just about any technique i am subscribing on your nourish which i really hope you write-up yet again immediately.

9. Messages

April 2, 2015 @ 4:25 am

Thanks for taking the time to discuss about this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

10. Messonline3csages

April 28, 2015 @ 3:49 am

online college courses have always been favorite to me but i wonder how and where to get some online college courses with certificates and if there are some good online degrees, classes, etc to pursue?

11. http://samedayessay.co.uk/proposal

May 5, 2015 @ 1:55 am

Thanks for the insightful post!

12. Sam Smith

May 29, 2015 @ 12:06 pm

This post is indeed very great …. I rarely visit on blogging sites

13. cp codes

June 2, 2015 @ 11:50 am

I am very happy to get generator codes and cheats codes of club penguin for free than visit here.

14. topacademicpapers.net

August 27, 2015 @ 1:51 am

HI!
    Sometimes I use diagrams in slide design)
    But do not know this information)
    Thanks for sharing)

15. Forte music

September 2, 2015 @ 8:26 pm

Forte School of Music is providing Music Lessons in Howick Auckland , New Zealand. Forte School is best in Music , Singing , Guitar and Piano Classes. Contact us now 09 534 2223