7 Engaging Presentation Fonts to Explore – From Growler to Tangerine

By John Rode on September 5, 2012

An interesting presentation font can boost the level of engagement of your presentation. The effect is subtle, but your audience will appreciate a font that matches the mood and personality of your presentation.

Trouble is, there are so many fonts to choose from. So, we picked out seven favorites to share with you, all of which are available for free in SlideRocket.

If you choose the Irish Growler font you’re already thinking imaginatively about your presentation. We love the way it has a handwritten look to it, yet it’s still easy to read. As a presentation font it’s good for labels, titles and generally for informal presentations.

The tall “ascender” on some letters is what gives Tangerine its elegance. Tangerine font is a good choice for short text and titles, and we recommend using it at larger font sizes. Tangerine is a calligraphy font that traces its roots back to italic fonts from the 16-17th century.

While I may not trade a Pigiarniq for a Droid Sans or an Amasis for a typical presentation, it’s readability makes it a smart choice when using small fonts. Pigiarniq font was created for the Inuktitut language (an Eskimo–Aleut language) which didn’t even adopt a written language until the 1860s. Who knew?!

This is a GQ kind of font. No, really, its design was originally commissioned by GQ magazine. The font is at once fresh yet “established”, making it a good option for companies looking to differentiate themselves without scaring away prospective customers.

It’s urban, it’s grungy and it’s bold. The Capture It font is one of our favorites for when presentations need to demand attention with a bit of an edge. Straight outta Hungary by designer Koczman Bálint, this spray can font is one of the most readable of the gritty fonts that are out there.

Not nearly as futuristic as its name implies, the Droid Sans font is a great choice as a workhouse sans serif presentation font. Conservative yet open and friendly, this is a good go-to font for almost any presentation.

I tend to shy away from serif fonts, but Amasis is one I can get behind thanks to its subtle use of the serifs (those little decorations on each letter). Designers will tell you this font has an industrial look but with a delicate elegance. I guess I’ll buy that…

1. Pingback by The Role of Fonts | Tribal Messenger Daily

September 7, 2012 @ 6:59 am

[...] 7 Engaging Presentation Fonts to Explore – From Growler to … John Rode “An interesting presentation font can boost the level of engagement of your presentation. The effect is subtle, but your audience will appreciate a font that.SlideRocket Online Presentation Software” http://www.sliderocket.com/blog/2012/09/7-engaging-presentation-fonts-to-explore/ [...]

2. mikey

June 27, 2014 @ 12:16 am

3. Marvel Essay

April 8, 2015 @ 6:40 am

4. www.buyessayshere.com

April 9, 2015 @ 4:41 am

5. Soft Touch

June 25, 2015 @ 7:31 pm

History lesson anyone? Amasis is a humanist slab serif typeface designed by British designer Ron Carpenter in 1990. The design takes a humanist approach rather than the geometric approach seen commonly in slab serifs. Amasis is a highly legible font on screen and for that reason was chosen as the default font for the Nook eReader.

6. SEO Packages

September 14, 2015 @ 2:55 am

Cheers to new things !!
    Thanks for sharing such a fabulous article !!

7. Neal Kachmarsky

February 23, 2016 @ 2:50 am

i have a blogger and my video clips only show up half way? Like the video is cut in half?. what can i perform to fix this?. i mean the fact that actual picture is cut in half.

8. Dealer Honda Jakarta Timur

February 25, 2016 @ 7:21 am

I’m trying to find blogs which have really great advice on exactly what is in fashion and what the best makeup is definitely..

9. honda semarang

February 25, 2016 @ 10:15 am

What are some great wordpress themes/plugins that allow you to adjust design?

10. agen judi indonesia

February 26, 2016 @ 2:27 pm

Hi there.. I added a simple slide show on my blog page but i don’t love it and someone informed me that the slide show i am just looking intended for is display and i had been wondering… Are there any ready display slideshow widgets that i could use? Or if not, can there be a simple way to produce a adobe flash slideshow to your blogspot?.

11. Unique home furniture

March 3, 2016 @ 4:39 pm

Merely reword a news article is that copyright?

12. jual followers instagram murah

March 7, 2016 @ 12:41 am

Where are some good areas to obtain good free of charge blogger themes?

13. pengertian asuhan keperawatan

March 7, 2016 @ 6:55 am

We are a 19 yr old female quadriplegic and a mother of the two-year-old girl. I are not able to work because of my disability but I do have got a voice-activated computer and I know a lot regarding computers and the Internet. I want to start a internet site I do not know about what. I need TIPS! I would like to generate some profit on my website yet I do not know how to do that or ways to get companies to pay to place ads up on my site. I avoid even know where to go to start my own internet site. I need plenty of help if somebody would like to help me out or perhaps be companions with me when the website starts making money you will get a portion of the income..

14. baterai laptop samsung

March 9, 2016 @ 2:35 pm

I’m planning on doing an English Novels with Innovative Writing undergrad degree training course, beginning in 2010. Initially, I would like to study British, but lately I’ve made the decision I would much better suited to English Literature with Creative Composing. Are there any universities that are especially good for British and creative writing? A lot of the universities I had formed previously been looking at no longer offer the program, and The Moments University Information only offers an English little league table. All of the answers valued! (-:.

15. info kesehatan terbaru

March 11, 2016 @ 2:02 pm

How can i get my WordPress content to pop-up in peoples google searches?

16. lowongan kerja hari ini

March 15, 2016 @ 10:05 am

How do I convert my website from dreamweaver to wordpress?

17. tes iq

March 15, 2016 @ 3:23 pm

What are the core or basic lessons taught Writing classes? Main things We learned on the subject of was Freytags Pyramid. I was told it’s not an across the board learning device. What exactly is? Now i’m really inquisitive. In poems I was taught, ‘if it means too many things to many folks it does not show for it’s mark’. I have since learned that good writing has a tendency to bring out different reactions in different people and different interpretations. How do learning about innovative writing (creativity is so individualized) be standardised?.

18. harga gamis zizara

March 17, 2016 @ 12:50 pm

How do I get Opera not to block the installation of farmville toolbar, Enable did not work?

19. gadai bpkb mobil

March 21, 2016 @ 9:21 am

How to get FireFox or any type of browser up first upon reboot?

20. Jual Baju Muslim

March 21, 2016 @ 3:05 pm

Actually, I? m a blog starter. I just want more people to check out my blog to make me a popular blog page. I? m capable of writing, and I know composing skill can be a must. Yet is there some other way to produce my blog more popular?.

21. Watch video sport and broadcasts online

March 22, 2016 @ 7:45 am

Any recomendations on how to start a blog pertaining to teens?

22. Raeann Bary

March 26, 2016 @ 12:29 am

I used to be suggested this blog by way of my cousin. I’m not certain whether or not this publish is written by way of him as nobody else recognize such specified about my problem. You are incredible! Thanks!

23. Robin Fairall

March 28, 2016 @ 6:10 pm

You can make money through affiliate marketing, I’m making $100 a day easily. There is a Free 14 day video course called project breakthrough that teaches you how to earn money online within 14 days flat without selling anything and its 100 free with no credit card required. Here is the link:[https://t.co/XJ7FxfpGSy]

24. good4you.top

April 8, 2016 @ 4:49 am

Their professors request various types of papers to be completed at the same time

25. Paris Bruyere

May 17, 2016 @ 11:08 am

|If millions of people around the online world will tune in to see a feline playing the piano or a woman falling off of a phase, then chances are you might persuade them to see your video. If you have a small company and were able to incorporate some types of promotion for your company into a engaging and intriguing video, then you too could see millions of viewers in only a few weeks. This is the holy grail of online video marketing and has actually currently been accomplished by many small businesses. With professional advice, your small company could use video marketing to create more leads, boost sales, produce a faithful client base and build more brand awareness, all utilizing the least pricey and most reliable marketing method available today.|If you have a small business and were able to integrate some forms of promo for your business into a engaging and interesting video, then you too could see millions of audiences in just a few weeks. With expert advice, your small company could use video marketing to create more leads, boost sales, create a devoted client base and construct more brand name awareness, all utilizing the least costly and most effective marketing method readily available today.

26. gadai bpkb mobil

July 15, 2016 @ 4:32 pm

Tremendous things here. I’m very glad to
    look your post. Thanks a lot and I’m having a look forward to
    contact you. Will you please drop me a e-mail?

My homepage gadai bpkb mobil

27. bridalshowerinvite

September 23, 2016 @ 3:38 am

That is an adorable story and a beautiful ring – Congratulations!!

28. Tequila

September 25, 2016 @ 7:16 am

I definitely wanted to write down a simple message so as to appreciate you for all the pleasant tips you are giving on this website. My time consuming internet research has at the end been honored with extremely good tips to exchange with my best friends. I would believe that we readers are quite fortunate to exist in a fabulous site with very many special professionals with great tips and hints. I feel extremely lucky to have come across your entire web site and look forward to some more enjoyable minutes reading here. Thanks again for all the details.

29. gadai bpkb mobil bunga ringan

October 1, 2016 @ 12:27 am

I feel this is among the such a lot significant information for
    me. And i’m glad reading your article. However should commentary on few normal
    things, The website style is ideal, the articles is really great
    : D. Excellent process, cheers