When it comes to delivering a presentation, are you the cat’s pajamas? Well 32% of us sure think we are. While 23% of us would rather melt into the carpet than give a presentation. The rest of us fall somewhere in between. We conducted a Presentation Delivery survey with over 600 respondents. Check out this presentation skills infographic for more fun facts about presenting.
5 Fun Presentation Skills Facts
- 11% of people are “Terrified” of delivering a presentation. 7% “Feel Like Superman”. So, the majority of us fall somewhere in between. Not bad!
- Just like with presentation design, we skew towards thinking we’re a bit better than average at delivering presentations.
- We’re surprising good at practicing with 64% practicing their presentation at least twice. Good on you!
- Above all else (designing nice slides, being energetic, funny or well rehearsed), your audience (38%) wants you to tell them a story, not lecture. Point taken!
- When viewing presentations online, 75% prefer your slides to have voice-over rather than having to read them.
Hopefully this infographic will help direct you to effective ways to bone-up on your presentation skills. Be sure to also check out our other recent infographics: